[Debian-med-packaging] updating camitk package

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at debian.org
Fri Sep 30 22:10:17 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 11:27:04PM +0200, Emmanuel Promayon wrote:
> Although a bit later than I planned, I am working on packaging the latest
> camitk version and removing the RC bug #836990 [1].
> It seems that gbp was really much my friend, Andreas, you were right once
> again!

Oh, looks like this is a package I touched :)

> I am not sure I did the right thing for the tags (please let me know).

looks so, yes.  Though you didn't push the upstream branch, nor
pristine-tar, please push those too.

> It seems that everything is working alright now apart from some lintian
> errors when I run:
> lintian camitk_4.0.3-1_amd64.changes
>
> I got the following warnings:
> W: libqtpropertybrowser4-dbgsym: debug-file-with-no-debug-symbols
> usr/lib/debug/.build-id/91/1d4f921b422722c4cf8434c5871e1262be4a9d.debug
> W: libcamitk-dev-dbgsym: debug-file-with-no-debug-symbols
> usr/lib/debug/.build-id/b0/2acef59f738ea491379288279915c713a3aeb9.debug

Those are usually due to the building not using -g, or for the file
being stripped before dh_strip can do it (and put the debugging info
into the -dbgsym packages).

So you should check whether -g is passed and if not fix it (it also
implies that the package doesn't respect dpkg-buildflags), and if it is
scan its build system and check for stripping (which could also happen
if `install -s` is used, be aware).

> Can anyone help me with that? Or should I add overrides for the
> corresponding packages?

lintian overrides are not a solution.  At least, in nearly all cases I
came across, overrides were used mostly only as a mean to hide issues.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :