[Debian-med-packaging] Please verify whether pyhml has done the expected number of bootstraps which is not guaranteed when using MPI

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Wed Feb 1 10:04:53 UTC 2017

Hi Manolo,

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 06:34:45PM +0100, Manolo Gouy wrote:
> Good suggestion. I see the point.
>
> You should find with seaview_4.6.1.3.tar.gz a source code that will
> recompute the # of bootstrap replicates after phyml has run,
> so that should accept to find a few more replicates than asked.

Thanks a lot for your very quick response (I wished each upstream author
would be that fast ;-)).  Usually I would simple upload your new version
as is but currently we are in freeze for a new Debian release and there
are no new upstream versions allowed.  I can only fix Release Critical
bugs.  I consider this issue critical and would like to fix it via a
patch against version 4.6.1.2.

I tried to extract the code snippet that fixes the said issue and I
think it is just this:

  https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/seaview.git/tree/debian/patches/evaluate_phyml_bootstrap_number.patch

but it would be nice if you could review this and check whether I missed
something.

> Thanks a lot for your care about seaview.

You are welcome and thanks for the very good cooperation

      Andreas.