[Debian-ports-devel] deliver Debian rootfs

David Robinson david at jubinson.com
Mon Mar 6 07:32:16 UTC 2017

Hi,

Sorry for the first email, this was only a draft...

Please find here below the original email.

I have a qestion regarding the delivery of Debian rootfs.

I have developed some scritps to generate Debian rootfs for various architecture (all official ports + powerpcspe):

https://github.com/jubinson/debian-rootfs

If a third party is using this script, then the third party is creating the rootfs on its own.

I think with this I do not need to provide the sources to create the rootfs, because it is the third party who generates the rootfs on itw own

Am I correct?

If I decide to deliver an already built Debian rootfs to a third party, then I have to deliver the sources upon request.

I cannot rely on the scripts of debian-rootfs anymore, because some packages might have been updated in the meantime.

What exactly do I need to send when receiving such a sources request?

Are the package sources enough?

David

---- On lun., 06 mars 2017 08:24:24 +0100 David Robinson <david at jubinson.com> wrote ----

Hi,

I have a qestion regarding the delivery of Debian rootfs.

I have developed some scritps to generate Debian rootfs for various architecture (all official ports + powerpcspe):

https://github.com/jubinson/debian-rootfs

If a third party is unsing this script,