mpich-3.1-5 package questions

S. Banerian banerian at u.washington.edu
Tue Jul 19 21:38:40 UTC 2016

Hello.

I need a clarification on one issue with regard to the mpich package (of
which you may be a maintainer).

According to the mpich source document README, building for use on
infiniband networks says:

ib network module
`````````````````
The IB netmod provides support for InfiniBand on x86_64 platforms
(including Xeon Phi). It can be built in the following
configurations:

1. InfiniBand Open Fabrics, x86_64 (host), Linux

   For this mode, configure with the following option:

       --with-device=ch3:nemesis:ib

In the debian/rules file, I did not see an obvious-to-me indication that
this flag was set.

Can you tell me if infiniband device was or was not set?

If not, I'll just build a local deb for us based on your src packaging.

Thank you.

--
Stefani Banerian
UW Clinical Cyclotron