Fwd: PDL package update request (who is appropriate POC?)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sat May 28 21:35:09 UTC 2016

Hi Chris,

On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 02:31:40PM -0400, Chris Marshall wrote:
> I saw that you have had activity with the Debian pdl packaging
> from 15 Jan 2016.  I'm hoping to update the pdl package from
> the current version PDL-2.007 to the soon to be released
> PDL-2.016.
>
> PDL-2.007 is more than 3 years out of date and is missing some
> significant and ongoing bug fixes and feature enhancements.
> Of specific interest is that PDL now support 64bit indexing
> and can operate with perls built with the long double config
> option.
>
> PDL now builds out of the box on the main perl platforms:
> linux, mac os x, windows, and bsd.  If there are any issues
> with packaging we would like to address them.  AFAICT, the
> problem is lack of an active maintainer.

I admit that pdl is not very well maintained in Debian.  I moved it to
Debian Science team maintenance to increase the awareness of more people
who might potentially care.  You could become a member of the team and
update the packaging or send us patches we could include.  Please ping
us (perhaps by CCing me personally since your previous mail did not
received any answer?) if the new version is released and ready for
packaging.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--