What is going on with gtkdatabox?

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Thu Nov 24 09:04:40 UTC 2016

Hi Adrian,

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 10:27:18AM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> > I'm now realising that the first option has installable candidates which
> > is astonishing since I assumed that with a new source package upload the
> > binaries created by the previous version would vanish from the mirrors.
> > That's the first case I see this happen.  Did I miss anything? :-(
> >
> > In any case libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-dev and
> > libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0_0.9.2.0+dfsg-1_amd64.deb should vanish from the
> > mirrors.
>
> "only look at the first option" != "use the first available option"
>
> To prevent exactly this kind of problems, the libgtkdatabox-dev
> alternative in the build dependencies won't be considered by the
> buildds for unstable.

I think we are discussing about two different things.  On one hand
its simple to drop libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-dev from the Build-Depends
and just leave libgtkdatabox-dev.  That should easily fix the build.

The other problem is that libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-dev should not be any
more in the pool at all and I have no idea why this is the case.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de