[xml/sgml-pkgs] [xml/sgml] Stepping back from the Debian XML/SGML team, effectively orphaning all my packages (docbook*, xml-core, xmlto, etc. pp)

W. Martin Borgert debacle at debian.org
Sat May 30 17:00:12 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-28 23:24, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> I was part of the Debian XML/SGML team [1] for quite some time and it
> was fun maintaining the whole DocBook toolchain. Unfortunately I'm not
> using it anymore and thus have lost interest in these packages. Now
> after Jessie has been released, I'm finally stepping back as maintainer
> and as a group member of the team.

Daniel, many thanks for your years of constant and enormous work
on the DocBook/XML toolchain.

Just out of curiosity: What are you using now?

> The good news is, most of the packages really don't require much
> attention.

I can only confirm this. I'm using docbook-x[ms]l a lot and
everything works smoothly for me.

> I hope, fresh blood will revive the team and lead to fresh ideas for the
> policy, the catalog system and the whole XML/SGML core of Debian.

Alternatively, stuff could me moved to collab-maint git or svn
maybe?