[Debichem-devel] Build-dependency for rasmol: cbflib

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Fri Mar 28 21:22:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Daniel Leidert wrote:

> We (the debichem team) use dpatch. dpatch fits perfectly the
> debian/-only approach. I explained it in my blog and in various list
> posts. quilt can be used the same way, but you need a workaround (like
> symlinking the debian/-dir to an unpacked source or using the svn-do
> script). But this has been discussed already and you will find every
> information in the debian-devel (IIRC) list archives.

I don't mind about quilt or dpatch.  I used dpatch in the past but
currently I prefer quilt because it seems to be more handy.  I accept
both as perfectly valid options.

> However, I think that putting a package into our SVN (git-svn) with the
> full source is also ok - especially because we use a separate directory
> for tags. But in this case I would suggest to clean tags from time to
> time (via svn remove or svnadmin). ATM checking out the full debichem
> repository needs just a few minutes.

Hmmmm, did you ever tried through 385kBit DSL???
I do not want to and thus I'm very keen on leaving upstream tarball
out of the VCS (whatever is choosen).

> I would really, really like to
> preserve this.

What, the speedy check out?  I would love to see this preserved but
IMHO it contradicts with inclusion of upstream tarballs.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de