[Debichem-devel] Metapackages for DebiChem?

Filippo Rusconi rusconi-debian at laposte.net
Wed Jul 14 13:05:29 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 01:25:14PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> I've adapted the tasks file and rerendered the web pages at
>
>    http://blends.alioth.debian.org/debichem/tasks
>
> (You can even see the missing DebTags as it was discussed in the
>  other mail.)
>
> Do you think we could upload the bunch of metapackages in this form
> as version 0.0.1?  If yes I might consider filing an ITP bug and would
> set
>
>     debichem-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
>
> as maintainer, myself (and however intents to work on this as Uploaders).

I think it is absolutely reasonable to make the leap. I think it is
essential to make it easy for scientists to harness a Debian
installation for scientific tasks. It is sad for me to see a popcon
of 9 for massXpert, while it is downloaded 1.5 times a day in its
MS-Windows and Mac OS X incarnations and all the enquiries I get from
users are for these platforms...

Best regards,
                 Filippo

--
Filippo Rusconi, PhD - CNRS - public key C78F687C
Author of ``massXpert''     at http://www.massxpert.org