[Debichem-devel] cclib

Karol M. Langner karol.langner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 14:23:44 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 08:29:42PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 13.04.2011, 15:20 +0200 schrieb Karol M. Langner:
>
> [..]
> > After my last commits, lintian outputs just warnings:
>
> If you run lintian with the -I switch, it will explain its output.
>
> > W: python-cclib: wrong-section-according-to-package-name python-cclib => python
>
> easy -> debian/control

I put cclib in science and python-cclib in python. Is that OK, or should both
be in the same section?

> > W: cclib: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/ccget
> > W: cclib: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/cda
>
> If you provide the information about switches, environment variables,
> etc. I can write the manual page in GROFF for you. Check e.g.
> apbs/debian/apbs.1 or pymol/debian/pymol.1 (call `man -l ...file...') to
> see, which information is usually provided by a manual page. Or check
> this howto:
> http://www.schweikhardt.net/man_page_howto.html
>
> I also wrote a small howto for writing a manual page for Debian
> packages: http://www.wgdd.de/?p=65

Thanks for the links. I wrote up minimal manpages for both ccget and ccda.

[...]

I addressed all the other points in my commits today. Now lintian gives my
jsut the ITP bug warning.

Cheers,
Karol

--