[Debichem-devel] ITP: xcrysden -- visualization tool for crystalline structures

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Fri Feb 24 14:22:51 UTC 2012

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your helpful reply!

On Tue, 2012-02-21 at 01:03 +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> > I have debianized the xcrysden package. I also noticed that there was an
> > RFP several years ago for xcrysden.
>
> Great! I filed an ITP a while ago, but haven't really started packaging
> xcrysden yet, so we can just use your package.
>
> I recently introduced a debichem-crystallography task where xcrysden
> would fit right in.

I browsed the debichem tasks and in addition to debichem-crystallography
it would also fit into "Output & visualization".

> The easiest way to have it in Debian is to get it sponsored by a Debian
> Developer, I can happily do that for you.
>
> In order to make future uploads by yourself, you can now or later apply
> as a Debian Maintainer.  Then you can upload new versions of your
> package, as long as no new binary packages are added (in which case
> another sponsored upload would be required).

I will look into Debian Maintainer application next week. To start with,
your sponsorship is just fine.

> Also, I would like to invite you to join the Debichem team.

Thanks, I applied today.

--
Today I noticed that you are also a maintainer of the debianized
quantum-espresso (QE) package. Since QE is debianized then also pwgui

Regards, Tone

--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html