[Debichem-devel] chemps2 1.8.4-2 testing/unstable/backport

Graham Inggs ginggs at debian.org
Sat Jul 15 15:51:47 UTC 2017

Hi Sebastian

On 15 July 2017 at 15:24, Sebastian Wouters <sebastianwouters at gmail.com> wrote:
> I adjusted the requirements to debhelper 10 and Standards-Version 4.0.0 and
> got no complaints from lintian 2.5.51. I also browsed the upgrading
> checklist [2] and changed the copyright 'Format' field as noted. Diffstat
> can be found via the alioth git repo [3].
>
> Can you upload please? Thanks!

A couple of points:

1.  You changed the build-dependency on debhelper to (>= 10), but
debian/compat needs to be bumped to 10 as well for this to have any
effect.
2.  You also changed the build-dependency on cmake to (>= 3.0.2),
please mention the reason in debian/changelog.
3.  Please also mention bumping to debhelper 10, Standards-Version
4.0.0 and the changes to debian/copyright in debian/changelog
(preferably one line each).
4.  As per the Package Tracker for chemps2 [1], the Multiarch Hinter
reports 4 issues.  If you are happy with its suggested changes, please
make them.
5.  Also per the Package Tracker, the Build Log Hardening Checker
reports 75 (of 77) compiler flags hidden.  This can be fixed by
removing the line "set (CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE  OFF)" from
CMakeLists.txt.  This can be done in a patch for now, and possibly
included in your next upstream release.

Please ask if anything is unclear.

Regards
Graham