[Debtags-devel] Hello, and a few improved tag descriptions

Enrico Zini enrico@enricozini.org
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 13:51:24 +0200

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 02:56:11AM -0400, Mike Paul wrote:

> Hello, everyone.  I'm interested in helping the Debtags project.  I've
> been running Debian since hamm, and I'm pretty good with C++, so
> hopefully I can do something useful.  :-)
> (I've looked at the list of "job openings" on the project page on
> Alioth, and I don't see anything small enough that I'd feel confident
> *immediately* jumping in on, but a few things that I think I'd like to
> work on as I get to know Debtags better.)
> Anyway, for starters, here's a little patch which improves two tag
> descriptions:

Thanks Mike!  And thanks Ben for applying the patch.

If you want to know Debtags a bit more, you can have a look at the
paper I've just written and Thaddeus and Ben helped reviewing:

  http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/paper-debtags.html
   or
  http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/paper-debtags.pdf
   or
  http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/paper-debtags.rst

Since you mentioned C++: have you ever been using functors?  I was
considering switching the various consumer classes in the library to
functors, but I've got no experience with them.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>