[Debtags-devel] Hello, and a few improved tag descriptions

Enrico Zini enrico@enricozini.org
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 02:02:11 +0200

--W5WqUoFLvi1M7tJE

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 04:33:29PM -0400, Mike Paul wrote:

> I'm interested in doing some benchmarks to see if there's a performance
> impact with the forwarding functions.  Right now I'm just trying to get
> libtagcoll1 to compile from SVN though -- it's running into problems
> trying to compile a PIC version of libtagexpr, saying there's no rule to
> make "Tagexpr_pic.o", and I'm not familiar enough with the autotools (I
> use SCons with my own code) to be able to easily track down where that
> rule is supposed to be defined.

Let's fix that!  That rule is defined in tagcoll/tagexpr/Makefile.am:

  %_pic.$(OBJEXT): %.cc
	  $(CXXCOMPILE) -fPIC -c $< -o $@

Did you just:

  svn co [...]/libtagcoll1/trunk