[Debtags-devel] Converting to {debtags,tagcoll} 1.0 TagDB::outputSystem

Enrico Zini enrico@enricozini.org
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 16:51:16 +0200

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 02:08:31PM +0200, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

>         #5  0x4136c79f in Debtags::Vocabulary::Vocabulary () from plugins/libdebtagsplugin.so
>         #6  0x41372c9a in Debtags::StandardEnvironment::StandardEnvironment ()
>            from plugins/libdebtagsplugin.so
>         #7  0x41372955 in Debtags::Environment::init () from plugins/libdebtagsplugin.so
>         #8  0x413419aa in init () at debtagsplugincontainer.cpp:74
> Where the call causing the exception is Debtags::Environment::init(false, false);
> Some words towards the circumstances. As you can see the function is
> called in the process of initilalizing a dynamic library (i.e. in
> __attribute__ ((constructor)) void init()). This is because the debtags
> part for packagesearch is provided by a dynamically loaded plugin.
> I don't know if this is significant, but the both the debtags plugin and
> the main application are linked against lib{tagcoll,debtags}1. In the
> former versions, I had only to link the main application, because I
> linked against dynamic libraries. With the static ones this leaded to
> unresolved external symbols. Might it be possible that linking against
> lib{tagcoll,debtags}1 twice brings me into trouble?

Most likely the problem is that the vocabulary can't find
package-tags.idx and vocabulary.idx: just install the new 'debtags'
package from experimental and run 'debtags update'.

mornfall was hit by the same problem: maybe a bug report is worth:
there are a bunch of 'throw()' causing trouble here, and this exception
needs to be caught and handled at least to give a hint to people
upgrading.

Ciao,

Enrico

--