[Debtags-devel] sarge is stable but debtags are not...

Holger Levsen debian@layer-acht.org
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:00:23 +0200

--nextPart5829725.cP8bjbvW5R

Hi,

I'm currently getting more and more into debtags (as I want to use debtags =
for=20
cdd-dev and local admin tasks) and just noticed that you're restructuring t=
he=20
tags and facets (media:: to speciality::, redefining role::), which is very=
=20
sensible in itself but causes problems when you want to use debtags for=20
production use (where "random" changes are not acceptable).

Obviously it's easily possible to just copy the debtags repository to a=20
local/stable repository and just use that - but IMO this is just a=20
workaround ;-)

What do you think ? IMO for sarge this is ok, but for etch (where debtags=20
hopefully will be used a lot more) we should aim for a better=20
approach/solution, i.e. a stable, a testing and a unstable repository ;-)

Maybe I should submit this as a bug to the debtags package ?

regards,
	Holger