[Debtags-devel] sarge is stable but debtags are not...

Holger Levsen debian@layer-acht.org
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:03:41 +0200

--nextPart2123914.NVKjvWgRMb

Hi Erich,

please don't send cc:s unless explicitly requested...

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 06:47, Erich Schubert wrote:
> first of all, etch is not about to be released. Etch is unstable...

I know and knew that. Re-read my mail :)

> We are of course aiming to have a "static" vocabulary sometime in the
> future. It's just so that we are not yet able to create it, we still
> need to tweak it.

Yeah. So you agree:  for etch (when it's released) debtags should have a=20
stable database ?

> Submitting it as a bug against the debtags package is IMHO wrong,
> since the debtags package only includes the software, not the database
> (i.e. the vocabulary). You don't file a bug against apt-get either
> when some mirror is broken... ;-)

No, but then I file a bug against www.debian.org or the mirrors. If it's=20
unappropriate to file this bug against the debtags package, ok, but IMO it=
=20
must be possible to file bugs about the debtags database against something =
in=20
the debian BTS.

regards,
	Holger