[Debtags-devel] "debtags update" out of order?

Enrico Zini enrico@enricozini.org
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:43:29 +0200

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 10:41:06PM -0700, Erich Schubert wrote:

> Therefore, I'd really appreciate if we could find a new location for
> the online packagebrowser... but I still havn't found the time to
> rewrite it in a clean code (and efficiently).
[...]
> Well, no use in looking for a location when we don't have good code. I
> really really want to get rid of the current scripts.

How about moving to people.debian.org?

Another option could be decoupling the central database from the
packagebrowser, and the packagebrowser can pull updates and send patches
=66rom the central browser.

Or both things could be tried, with the central database being stored on
a file under revision control.  Arch could be tried, which should allow
to track changes by the submitter's e-mail which can then be useful to
handle "adopted" facets or tags.
=2E
Should we work some specifications together, maybe when you're back from
the parks?

Ciao,

Enrico

--