Debtags for defining the minimal age that a program can generally be used

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Wed Sep 11 16:20:06 UTC 2013

On 09/11/2013 12:52 PM, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I think an "objective classification" what games are suitable for which kids
> is doomed to fail. These questions are way to subjective IMO.

I disagree. If you have tags that state the *intended* age range for
software (as defined by upstream) that's an objective classification.
That is, "upstream targets the software at ages __ to __". You can argue
all day whether upstream has chosen an appropriate target age range.
What you can't argue with is that objectively, this is software
targetted at these age ranges.

Whether or not they successfully bracket the *actual* age range the
software can be used with sounds like a good topic for a bug filed
upstream for them to change their target age range. :)

Ben