[Fingerforce-devel] How to manage Debian specific patches

Justin Dugger jldugger at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 23:06:06 UTC 2007

On 10/23/07, Luca Capello <luca at pca.it> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to apply a not-yet-included-upstream patch [1] to ThinkFinger.
> For my other packages, I use dpatch, but I'd like to know how to
> proceed here (link to documentation preferred).

I've been using dpatch for a personal version of the thinkfinger
package, but I've heard quilt is better at resolution and basically
the same in use.  Whatever patch system decision is made here I'd
likely switch to.

Is the team thinking of including the homedir patches? I've been
avoiding that patch since I'm not clear on the ramifications of
storing authentication data in a home dir, and I'm not sure what it
fixes. I imagine NFS mounted home shares might hate it, who knows what
else.  It seems like password hashes are stored in shadow with root
permissions only and group shadow, but this might be because it stores
all the passwords in one file.

Justin Dugger

Justin Dugger