updating extundelete

Elías Alejandro ealmdz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 22:46:24 UTC 2011

Hi Julien,
First all, thanks for your help and advices. Here some answers

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 08:55:37PM +0200, Julien Valroff wrote:
> * Remove useless comments from debian/rules

Done.

>   * You don't need to refer to your patch in the changelog, it's a new
>     package. The README.Debian also seems useless. Both things can easily be
>     replaced by using DEP-3 formatted headers in the patch file itself.

Done.

>   * Again about this patch: have you forwarded it to upstream developers? If
>     so, have they accepted it?
>     I think it is a good idea to try and keep the Debian package as close as
>     possible to the upstream tarball, and hence avoid unnecessary patches.

I've forwarded since last year and recently last week,
but no upstream answers so far. This patch allow flexibility to recover files
in anywhere place and not just in the current directory as default behaviour.

>   * Have you also forwarded the manpage you have written? I guess this can
>   * be useful for upstream to include it in their tarball.

Yes, but the same patch's story no answers so far.

>   * You should use a standalone license paragraph for (at least) GPL-2+ (see
>     DEP-5 for details)

I think now is a little bit more improved.

>   * debhelper compatibility should be bumped to 8 given you build-depend on
>     >= 8.0.0
Done.

Please let me know any news and I will work in about it.

Best regards,

--
Elías Alejandro