[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox Hackathon in NYC on October 31st

Marc Jones mjones at softwarefreedom.org
Wed Sep 9 16:12:20 UTC 2015

I am writing to pre-announce that the FreedomBox Foundation's will be
hosting a Freedombox Hackathon on Saturday October 31st in NYC at the
offices of the Software Freedom Law Center/Freedombox Foundation.

I have already spoke to a few of you about this, and a few of the the
core developers have committed to attending (which is awesome.) I can't
wait to meet you guys face to face. It will be a good chance to meet
some people face to face, since we are all spread out across the globe.

Obviously we want to get as many people as possible to come including
people who have never contributed before. We are really hoping to get
new people to come as a way to help people start contributing. (Sunil's
recent creation of a developer guide is an great step towards inviting
new contributors!)

More details will be forth coming, but I wanted to get the date out
there. I have never organized a hackathon before so any ideas/advice is
appreciated!

-Marc

P.S. Please also start spreading the word!

--
Marc Jones
Counsel
Email: mjones at softwarefreedom.org