[Freedombox-discuss] root/sudoer user credentials for freedombox-unstable_2015-08-07_virtualbox-amd64-hdd.vdi?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Sep 9 16:34:07 UTC 2015

[Amey Abhyankar]
> That means testers/evaluators using VDI will be in big trouble.  :-)
> I was unable to find IP address of freedombox from virtualbox console.
> After logging using those credentials I was able to lookup ip address.  :-)
>
> I think home users will have following issues if those credentials are
> removed & if http is the only way to get access:-

Yes.  I tried to mitigate it a bit by adding avahi announcement to the
server, to make it easier for those listening on the avahi broadcast to
figure out which IP address the Freedombox got.  But it is a hard
problem, finding a machine with an unknown IP address.

Enabling Avahi have its own set of security issues, but it seem the
least bad solution to try to find out what IP address the Freedombox
got.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen