[Gnuk-users] Re: STM32 Primer 2

Kaz Kojima kkojima at rr.iij4u.or.jp
Mon Jul 13 05:32:41 UTC 2015

NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe at fsij.org> wrote:
> The original idea was: If we can put some board dependent things into
> those pages, it would be possible for applications to be board
> independent so that we can share same application binary.
>
> Unfortunately for Gnuk and NeuG, since the analog input setting is
> board dependent, we cannot share a single binary among different
> boards, currently.  Well, it could be possible to be board
> independent, somehow easily by identifying boards, I'll try this week.
>
> I don't have an idea to put some drivers into the system services, as
> it can't be updated.  Those are limited to simple ones (like LED blink
> and USB initialization), which would be never changed.

Sounds very reasonable.  It would be better to keep the system
services simple and small.

BTW, I've uploaded the tarball of my primer2 example as
  http://www.rr.iij4u.or.jp/~kkojima/junkyard/example-primer2.tar.bz2
though it's not completed yet.
It requires a few fixes of board/board-stm32-primer2.h for switches
and the addition of initializer of vector_table in entry.c for ADC3
EOC interrupt.  I'm not sure whether the latter is a good idea or not.
I've attached diffs anyway.

Regards,
	kaz