[Gnuk-users] Gnuk 1.2.6 / NeuG 1.0.6 / Chopstx 1.5 / Fraucheky 0.5

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu Oct 12 22:59:43 UTC 2017

On Thu 2017-10-12 12:54:30 -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> It's still mostly debmake boilerplate, but the interesting bits:

Thanks!

Want to put that in a packaging branch that others can try to build
from or propose specific changes to??

> I just make a single upstream tarball of gnuk with the chopstx
> sub-module all in one package.

if we want to ship Frauchecky and NeuG as well, and they each depend on
Chopstx, it seems like we might want to abstract out Chopstx at some
point. But i agree with you that starting with one initial source
tarball for Gnuk seems like a sensible way to get things rolling.

> It's not clear to me if we would realistically be able to ship the
> binaries with the FSIJ USB vendor IDs and such, due to:
>
>   https://anonscm.debian.org/git/gnuk/gnuk/gnuk.git/tree/README#n310

gniibe, maybe you could comment on this for about firmware blobs shipped
in debian?  what would be the tradeoffs and decisions to make between
FSIJ and Debian?

        --dkg