[Gnuk-users] Making use of FST-01 SPI flash in Gnuk token

Duncan dguthrie at posteo.net
Sat Jan 6 03:12:00 UTC 2018

Dear Gnuk-users,

I am wondering how we can make use of the 4M SPI flash on FST-01.

As I understand it, the devices sold via Seeed Studio Bazaar had the
link to the documentation on this flash.

This strikes me as a useful thing. I'd like to accomplish the following:

1. Build the latest Gnuk token firmware
2. Install my public key and miscellaneous other data onto the SPI flash.
3. Expand the size of the flash (I am thinking this might not be
possible, from glancing over certain datasheets).

In the original firmware, how did the flash appear? I assume it had a
filesystem on it, probably vFAT? If so, can we make use of a different
filesystem, just out of interest?

All the best,
Duncan