[kgb-maintainers] kgb-bot.deb and dropping RateLimit

gregor herrmann gregoa at debian.org
Sun Oct 18 12:29:35 UTC 2009

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 15:16:31 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

> With the kind help of Tincho, the "shadow" notifications problem shall
> be fixed in trunk. In the process, I have acquired some POE-foo, which
> may result in more drastic changes in the KGB bot in the future :))

\o/

> Next thing I am targetting is putting the thing in Debian. We shall
> not hide it any more.

Yeah!

Please note that there is a kgb package in Debian ("Archiver for .kgb
files"), so we should probably use a more specific name for our tool.

> So I was wondering if we shall drop RateLimiter usage and return "I'm
> overloaded" SOAP error if the sending queue of the PoCo::IRC, whose
> size is available in the send_queue method, grows beyound (say) 15
> messages. Does this seem right to you?

Dropping additional dependencies is always nice, and I see nothing
conceptually wrong with this proposal -- maybe we have to play with
the value for the queue cutoff size a bit.

Cheers,
gregor
--
 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG Key IDs: 0x00F3CFE4, 0x8649AA06