[kgb-maintainers] IRCS, IPv6, message formatting

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Fri Mar 8 15:32:39 UTC 2013

Hi,

just set up a KGB bot for fun and found the following issues:

ⓐ the connection to IRC uses Legacy IP (IPv4), not IP (IPv6):
tg at freewrt:~ $ netstat -an|fgrep 6667
tcp        0      0 217.11.62.67:38921      78.40.125.4:6667        ESTABLISHED

ⓑ I couldn’t find where to tell it to use SSL for IRC (port 6697).

ⓒ the formatting of the messages leaves something to wish… it
  spews multiple lines per commit into the channel; collapsing
  it into one line (cut off after the regular IRC line length
  limit) would be cooler

ⓒ₂ I found references to colours in the config; I hope these
   are disabled by default? (they’re not shown in the channel
   thanks to mode +c anyway, but increase traffic and reduce
   the amount of chars until the line length limit is reached)

Thanks,
//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant