minicom bug and linux kernel 2.6.25.4

R.L. Horn lists at eastcheap.org
Mon Jun 16 04:53:35 UTC 2008

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:

> So I have tried to reproduce the above with a Courier connected via some
> (random) USB-Serial converter

It wouldn't surprise me if the usb-serial drivers are working correctly
(they're probably the only RS232 drivers currently maintained).
Unfortunately, despite the lack of maintenance, a bunch of purely cosmetic
changes (mostly breaking up long lines) were made to the 8250 code
somewhere around 2.6.25.  Whether they're the cause of the problem or a
red herring remains to be seen.

I'll see what Alan has to say, then probably start debugging by
brute-force regression.

> Hmm, your init-sequence? I have none mostly, maybe that makes a
> difference.

I'm not testing with minicom at this point -- too much overhead.  I figure
that can wait until the kernel business is straightened out (and, by gum,
it will be, come hell or high water).