[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1210 - in trunk: . drivers

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 20:50:25 UTC 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 3:34 PM, Arjen de Korte <adkorte-guest at alioth.debian.org> wrote:
> Author: adkorte-guest
> Date: Wed Jan  2 20:34:26 2008
> New Revision: 1210
>
> Log:
> Parsing continues if the HID path for a report ends in 0x00000000 (these will not be made available). Commonly used as placeholders.
>
> It looks like (but correct me if I'm wrong) that reports for which the HID path ends in 0x00000000 are placeholders only.

I agree with the rest of your logic about complexity, but they are
less like placeholders, and more like bugs in the parser. A common
idiom in HID report descriptors is to have an array of bytes or
bitstrings, and the hidparser code tends to show the first array
element properly, then it prints several duplicates of the first
element with 0x00000000 instead of the last usage ID.

--
- Charles Lepple