[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1210 - in trunk: . drivers

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 14:55:42 UTC 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 3:08 AM, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org> wrote:
> >> It looks like (but correct me if I'm wrong) that reports for which the
> >> HID path ends in 0x00000000 are placeholders only.
> >
> > I agree with the rest of your logic about complexity, but they are
> > less like placeholders, and more like bugs in the parser.
>
> Looking at the output from the Tripplite UPS I wrote about lately, this
> doesn't seem to be due to a bug in the parser.
[...]
> I think that the UPS is trying to tell us the following. Peter Selinger
> already figured out many of these about a year ago (for the same device),
> I added some missing ones:
>
> byte 0, bit 0-6: unused
> byte 0, bit 7:   UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.InternalFailure
> byte 1, bit 0:   unused
> byte 1, bit 1:   UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.ShutdownImminent
> byte 1, bit 2-7: unused
> byte 2, bit 0:   UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.ACPresent
> byte 2, bit 1:   unused
> byte 2, bit 2:   UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.BelowRemainingCapacityLimit
> byte 2, bit 3:   UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.FullyCharged
> byte 2, bit 4:   UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.Charging
> byte 2, bit 5:   UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.Discharging
> byte 2, bit 6:   UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.FullyDischarged
> byte 2, bit 7:   UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.NeedReplacement

Is it the same UPS as mentioned in this email?

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2005-November/000316.html

That one has additional status bits like Buck, Boost and Overload.

I am wondering if the parser is handling the "stacked" Usage elements
in the descriptor.

"Placeholder" elements are the ones where the Feature data has the
Constant flag, and they shouldn't show up in the tree unless the
parser is not handling them correctly.

--
- Charles Lepple