[Nut-upsdev] new features on Testing branch (was: Belkin F6H375 not seen by nut 2.2.1)

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Jan 14 07:45:29 UTC 2008

> I'd like to add that phoenix subdriver is in fact an old version of
> agiler subdriver which was replaced with the current one in 2.2.1. But
> it was resurrected in the trunk with a new name after several error
> reports. It looks a bit different but it does the same thing. (Arjen,
> maybe you can add something?)

Indeed. The phoenix driver is a cleaned up version of the agiler
subdriver. Instead of hardcoding the number of 8-byte strings to
read/write, it will determine this automatically, based on the input it
receives. It probably works for all instances where the agiler subdriver
can be used (but not the other way around). I would prefer to keep both in
the driver though, one never knows if this may be helpful in the future.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands