[Nut-upsdev] ietfmib.h patch and query

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 04:04:39 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 9:32 AM, George Ross <gdmr at inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> Here's a patch (against 2.2.2) which adds battery.temperature to the
> ietf-mib snmp driver.

Thanks for pointing this out.

I went to apply this to the trunk, and it appears that there have been
some other changes to the trunk version of this file that have not
propagated to the 2.2.x branch. If I understand correctly, the 2.2.x
branch is only going to receive critical bugfixes, and the trunk will
eventually get released as 2.4.0.

> While looking at ietfmib.h I noticed that the value for IETF_OID_IN_LINES
> is actually that for upsOutputNumLines.0.  Does anyone know whether that's
> deliberate or a typo?

Looks like a typo. Check the trunk version of drivers/ietfmib.h:

    http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/browser/trunk/drivers/ietfmib.h

--
- Charles Lepple