[Nut-upsdev] [RFC apcsmart V3 08/18] drivers/dstate: add dstate_getflags()

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sun Mar 6 17:10:00 UTC 2011

Citeren Michal Soltys <soltys op ziu.info>:

> In cases such as immutable flag over readable value, we have
> to be able to acquire this info at driver level (to e.g. avoid
> polling, if user defined a variable with 'override' prefix).

I'm not sure I like this. While it may seem a waste of effort to poll
for a variable and ignore the value later on, I'd prefer to do this in
one location (the dstate_*() functions) and not in the driver as well.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)