[Nut-upsdev] polling Buildbot and Trac

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 14:04:37 UTC 2012

Please respect the robots.txt files on our developer websites. trac.networkupstools.org and buildbot.networkupstools.org are hosted on a small shared server, and I would appreciate it if the polling and mirroring were kept to a minimum.

In particular, the SVN changes in Buildbot are only checked every 10 minutes, and Trac synchronizes even less frequently. Polling buildbot 24/7 at a sub-10-minute interval (especially with a full web browser) is a waste of your bandwidth and mine. If you want to mirror Trac, it is far more efficient to mirror the source SVN repository (which may bother the Alioth admins, but that is outside of my control).

If you have a legitimate need for this, please email me off-list and we'll discuss it further.

Thanks,

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail