[Nut-upsdev] Roadmap to 2.7.3

Arnaud Quette arnaud.quette at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 14:54:47 UTC 2015

> On Apr 16, 2015, at 5:46 AM, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> On Apr 15, 2015, at 5:00 AM, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Charles,

>>> On Apr 13, 2015, at 4:28 AM, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> cool (bis), I'll check over the day to complete as per my latest merges
>>> and possibly (if time permits) to publish 2.7.3.
>>>

>>> We should probably add a release checklist to the developer
>>> documentation, but for now:
>>>

>> the maintainer guide [1] (not distributed) is more suitable.
>>

>>> • update version to 2.7.3 in nut/configure.ac
>>>
>> done
>
>> • create a GPG-signed tag v2.7.3
>>>
>> done  + a non-signed one (not sure it's worth!)
>

> Yeah, I guess I meant that we should have a signed tag (v2.7.3) but it
> doesn't need "-signed" in the name. We only had to do that last time
> because there was already an unsigned "v2.7.2" tag.
>
> • make dist
>>>
>> done
>
>> • maybe update nut/configure.ac version to 2.7.3.1 or .5?
>>>

>> not sure to get why .5...
>>

>> it's what we did last time :-)
>>

> the history log is also saying so... but still failing to understand the
> jump to .5
> anyway, it's probably too hot here (almost jumped from winter to summer) ;)
>

>> My main reason was to create a different name for the tarball in the
>> Buildbot snapshot builder. After 2.7.3 is released, I plan to go back to
>> the previous way of injecting the Buildbot build number and Git hash into
>> the tarball name. (The long filenames in the Java package were preventing
>> us from doing this before.)
>>

>  so should I really update configure.ac to 2.7.3.1 or?
>

> Yes, since I don't know how long it will take to reconfigure Buildbot. (I
> would also like to get it to automatically build the website - currently
> that needs to be triggered manually.)

done to 2.7.3.1

> • push commits and tag
>>>
>> done
>
>> • update nut/ and ddl/ submodules in nut-website/ (this should update the
>>> website's version as well)
>>>
>> WIP, however we should detail the process here:
> either
>
> - a generic "git submodule foreach git pull origin master" (I did that one)
>
> - Vs pulling the matching tags (here 2.7.3 from NUT for ex...), better and more stable
>
> I suppose we could tag the DDL repository as well.

done, and will also do for -website
I've also updated the -website submodules (ddl and nut) using the v2.7.3
tags

>> • add download hashes for tarball
>>>

>> for hashes and sig:
>> make dist-sig
>> make dist-hash
>>
>>  WIP, however access to my Gandi PaaS is underway at Eaton (forgot to
> request that one :-/)
> so a bit more delay in the release publication
>

>> I once started to create a publication script, but... hem can't find it
>> back.
>> more to resume ;)
>>

>>> After the new version is tagged, I'll update my Ubuntu PPA.
>>>

>> cool!
>> shouldn't we add it to the Download page?
>>

>> It's really more of a temporary solution. Now that our primary Debian
>> maintainer is back, all of the packages will be up-to-date, right? /me ducks
>>

> woow, cool, our beloved DD is back?! 8-)
> need a bit more time for that too, slowly ramping up on all (of the many)
> dimensions ;)
>
> :-)

access to my hosted PaaS still blocked...

cheers,
Arno
--
Eaton Data Center Automation - Opensource Leader
NUT (Network UPS Tools) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org