[Nut-upsuser] elsist UPS

Angelo Gelmi iwm at web3king.com
Tue Sep 13 14:20:56 UTC 2005

Hi, I'm new of this list.
I installed nut with apt on my ubuntu64, my ups is an elsist and with it
I found the Driver's CDROM only for windows. It's branded Fenton but on
it there is also printed Safenet.
I had no particular problems installing nut with safenet driver. But
when I'm trying to connect it with the command: upsc elsist at localhost i
get this output

driver.name: safenet
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
driver.version: 1.4.3
driver.version.internal: 0.03
ups.mfr: unknown
ups.model: unknown
ups.serial: unknown
ups.status: OL

My UPS my pc is not shutting down when I pull the wire from UPS...
I read documentation on site included faq but i cant understand very
well what to do know to configure an automatic ups shutdown (I've read
also the shutdown.txt file)
My questions are:
1. is my ups fully recognized using safenet driver?
2. How can I verify that UPSmon is informed that the UPS is in
lowbattery mode?

Thank You,
Angelo Gelmi