[Nut-upsuser] Mustek Powermust 600VA

Jimmy Jazz Jimmy.Jazz at gmx.net
Wed Nov 21 14:30:46 UTC 2007

Arjen de Korte a écrit :
>>>   I'm having a hard time configuring a Mustek Powermust 600VA ups to
>>> work via USB with nut. I read somewhere that nut works OK via the
>>> rs232 cable, but unfortunately I don't have a COM port in my computer.
>>>   The kernel detects the ups as an Xbox pad :) and loads the xpad
>>> module. I tried running /lib/nut/megatec with different /dev/ttySx but
>>> it displays megatec protocol UPS was not detected.
>>>
>>> This is what I get from lsusb -v:
>>>
>>> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 06da:0003 Phoenixtec Power Co., Ltd
>>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> How do I create an appropriate /dev/ttyS and is there a way to make
>>> linux work with this ups?
>>>

>> Please, try this off-tree patch:
>> http://probu.nl/~p.v.valderen/lakeview.v2.patch
>> or an updated version below with resolved conflicts with the
>> current trunk.
>> The driver name is 'lakeview_usb'.
>>

> It is *very* unlikely that this is going to work. The 'lakeview' driver is
> essentially for a contact-closure-over-USB interface.
>
> As far as I know, the Mustek Powermust 600VA uses the Megatec protocol
> over USB. The fact that it is reported to work with the 'megatec' driver
> on the RS232 interface is also a strong indication for that. In that case,
> the 'megatec_usb' driver would be appropriate. Unfortunately, neither the
> 'agiler' nor 'krauler' subdrivers appear to work for this device (search
> the archives for this), so we probably need to write a third subdriver. If
> you're willing to work with us, we might do that.
>
> Another, much easier way, is to use a serial-to-USB converter that can be
> bought for around € 10 nowadays. This will provide your system with a
> serial interface, so that you can use the RS232 interface with the
> 'megatec' driver.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Hi,

I was able to use megatec_usb with a Powermust 1000VA USB with the hal
driver activated (hald-addon-megatec_usb). If you are lucky, megatec_usb
will be able to recognize your ups if you force the "agiler" subdriver
in your ups.conf.

Here is my config:

 sys-power/nut-2.2.0 with both hal and usb supports,

ups.conf  (productid/vendorid will probably differ 06da,0003?),

 [PowerMust]
       driver = megatec_usb
       port=auto
       vendorid = 0665
       productid = 5161
       subdriver = "agiler"
       desc = "Mustek PowerMust 1000Va USB"
       mfr = "Mustek"
       model = "PowerMust 1000 USB"

Also, hald fills up dmesg with a lot of "uninitialized something"
messages related to the hald-addon-xxx driver. It was quite annoying.
That's why i don't use it anymore (gnome-power-manager will recognize
your nut device through hald).

Also, I changed 52_nut-usbups.rules with 52-nut-usbups.rules in
Makefile.in to help udev to understand it  (sed -e
"s:52_nut-usbups.rules:52-nut-usbups.rules:" -i
scripts/udev/Makefile.in) - probably unnecessary now.

Jj
--

*My Two Cents Comment** *
/* we have tried to make this normal case as abnormal as possible */ --