[Nut-upsuser] nut with Belkin "Active Battery Backup" UPS (BU30 series)

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun Feb 17 17:35:17 UTC 2008

> Or, if you don't have all of the prerequisite packages (autoconf,
> automake, libtool, etc.) needed for building straight from SVN, you
> can download an SVN tarball from our Buildbot page.
>
> http://buildbot.ghz.cc/public/nut/
>
> Check the first column for the "[tarball]" link - that should have a
> configure script. It takes about 20 minutes for that to update after
> a checkin, though, and in general, it isn't as handy as being able to
> do a "svn update", but it works in a pinch.

Please remember that by not running autoreconf, you're environment should
be similar to the system that created the tarball. We use autoconf to
determine some compiler specific things for instance and if yours is
different, it won't build. Just try it out. If you're running a recent GCC
it will probably work just fine, but if building fails, chances are that
the above mentioned shortcut is not possible.

Eindhoven - The Netherlands