[Nut-upsuser] Anybody have expirience with Powercom Imperial 1500 VAC (USB interface)?

Aleksandr Derevianko der at rusig.ru
Wed Jan 30 10:22:38 UTC 2008

Hello !
Anybody have expirience with Powercom Imperial 1500 VAC (USB interface) ?

Under FreeBSD 6.2 it's shown as uhid device:
uhid0: POWERCOM CO., LTD. USB to Serial, rev 1.00/0.00, addr 2, iclass 3/0
usbhid-ups doesn't recognize it, and powercom driver doesn't work with
uhid device.

It seems for me that FreeBSD doesn't support it, so it doesn't create
serial device for it.
I tryed to use ubsa(4), ubser(4), uftdi(4). uplcom(4), uvscom(4) device
driver for USB-to-serial converters - doesn't help.

I can provide ssh access to FreeBSD computer with this device connected,
if it will help someone to write driver.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Derevyanko