[Nut-upsuser] APC Smart-UPS RT 5000

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 14:37:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Noel David Torres Taño
<noel.torres at uv.es> wrote:
> ...and YES, I'm sure the UPS is connected to that port:
>
> # minicom
> Welcome to minicom 2.2

> Compiled on Sep 21 2007, 20:31:22.
> Port /dev/ttyS0
>
>               Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys
>

> User Name : apc
> Password  : ***

A quick check on the source code shows that the apcsmart driver is
expecting a much simpler serial interface than what you have here. For
instance, to put the UPS in "smart mode", it sends a single "Y"
character.

Is there another serial port on the UPS that you can use?

Alternatively, it looks like you have a network management card. Can
you use snmp-ups to monitor the UPS over the network?

--
- Charles Lepple