[Nut-upsuser] Premature end of script headers: upsimage.cgi

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 01:46:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Brother Railgun of
Reason<alaric at caerllewys.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 06:31:06PM -0400, ben thielsen wrote:
>> Jean Delvare wrote:
>>> You could try running upsimage.cgi manually, maybe you'll get a useful
>>> error message.
>>
>> good idea, thanks.  i can't seem to figure out how though.  running the
>> program without any arguments produces output that seems to perhaps be the
>> beginnings of a png image, which would make sense, but it appears to be
>> incomplete.  i've tried a few approaches to passing arguments from the
>> shell, but none seem to have an impact on the output.
>

> I have a similar problem, which I just now found time to get back to
> looking into.  upsstats.cgi produces a basically correct-looking page,
> except that everywhere there apparently should be retrieved data, there
> is instead "[error: Invalid argument]".  I did the necessary webserver
> configuration to be able to call upsimage.cgi directly, and it returns a
> HTTP content-type: header followed by a PNG image containing, in yellow
> text on a white background rendered vertically from bottom to top (i.e.
> rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise) the following message:
>
> "No host or display"

This message comes from the following snippet of code:

        /* no 'host=' or 'display=' given */
        if ((!monhost) || (!cmd))
                noimage("No host or display");

(Those arguments are usually in the URL from the HTML status page.)

Sorry to hear about the disk crash.

--
- Charles Lepple