[Nut-upsuser] Usbhip-ups going wild

Antoine Gatineau antoine.gatineau at alcatel-lucent.com
Thu Jul 30 15:27:09 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am facing some serious issues on customer's site.

I looked around on the web and in the archives but didn't find anything. I
hope you can help me.
Here is my configuration :
OS :RHES 4.7
NUT : 2.2.0
NUT-CLIENT : 2.2.0
Hardware : IBM x3250M2 (dual-core intel E3110)

Here are the symptoms :
After some time, the performance of my applications on this server began to
drop with functional perturbation, so I took a look at the system and found
that upshid-nut is taking around 15 to 20% of cpu time.
Uptime is 20 days. And total cpu time used by usbhid-ups is 396 minutes.

This seems hudge for a driver.

In tried then to stop nut drivers and the system crashed and reset.

Kind regards,

Antoine