[Nut-upsuser] nut files empty

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 12:12:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

first, please keep the traffic on the list.
others may be interested in this subject.

2009/11/2 mystified <mystified at satx.rrr.com>:

> Arnaud Quette wrote:
>>
>> 2009/10/31 mystified <mystified at satx.rr.com>:
>>

>>> I just installed nut in Debian and all of my files are missing.   I'm not
>>> even sure what all files are required.  I hope someone can give me the
>>> list
>>> of the files and I can create them.  Also if there is any pertinent info
>>> need.
>>>

>> the files are located in /etc/nut/ but are named *.sample (ie
>> ups.conf.sample, ...) and should be renamed without the sample suffix
>>
>> you should also read the Debian README:
>> /usr/share/doc/nut/README.Debian.gz
>>
>> cheers,
>> Arnaud
>>

> There is no sample file. As I discussed some files are missing.  Thanks

which Debian version?
how did you install NUT and which package(s) (ie what returns a: dpkg
-L 'nut*')?
what is the *exact* outptu of "dpkg -l nut"?

if you need accurate support, please provide accurate information!

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops