[Nut-upsuser] USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd usbhid-ups

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Nov 25 11:18:23 UTC 2009

Citeren Thomas Gutzler <thomas.gutzler op gmail.com>:

> I have set pollfreq to 120; wasn't aware that there is an event based
> messaging system in place next to the polling. I also tried changing
> ups.test.interval (as suggested by Arnaud) but it didn't exist and the
> only other interval variable I found is driver.parameter.pollinterval,
> which I changed from 2 to 4.

If you want to find out what the problem is, either change
pollinterval or pollfreq (not both at the same time).

I suspect that increasing pollfreq will reduce the amount of polling
to the UPS much more than pollinterval. Quick polls (every
pollinterval) are usually just one report, while full polls will
result in dozens of reports that need to be queried.

It would help running the driver in debug mode

     /path/to/usbhid-ups -DDD -a upsname

The interesting parts will have 'HIDGetDataValue' in them and a few
lines before that will tell us which report it attempted to retrieve.

Please keep list traffic on the list