[Nut-upsuser] TrippLite Eco Series UPS

Lindsey Chesnutt mrchesnutt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 00:07:38 UTC 2009

Right now I'm running into some issues with what I think are the
permissions on the USB bus. I can load everything as root and get data
from the UPS. I'll run the test as soon as I get the permissions
straightened out.

Here's the output from upsc.
:/usr/local/ups/bin# ./upsc usbhid-ups at localhost
battery.charge: 100
battery.runtime: 5760
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0
device.mfr: Tripp Lite
device.model: TRIPP LITE UPS
device.serial: FW-2368 B
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.productid: 1008
driver.version: 2.4.1-1995
driver.version.data: TrippLite HID 0.4
driver.version.internal: 0.34
input.voltage.nominal: 120
output.frequency.nominal: 60
output.voltage.nominal: 120
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 20
ups.mfr: Tripp Lite
ups.model: TRIPP LITE UPS
ups.power.nominal: 550
ups.productid: 1008
ups.serial: FW-2368 B
ups.status: OL
ups.timer.shutdown: 65535
ups.vendorid: 09ae
ups.watchdog.status: 0

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Lindsey Chesnutt <mrchesnutt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That did it! Thanks for your help!
>
> One of the things we like to do before listing a model in the driver
> list is to do a sanity check to make sure some of the basic features
> work.
>
> The current suggestion is to plug the UPS into a power strip, or
> something that will allow you to cut the input power while keeping it
> connected to ground. Also, just in case things aren't completely
> configured for shutting down properly, you will probably want to plug
> in a dummy load (some light bulbs, for instance) to drain the UPS
> battery, instead of pulling power to the computer if it has not shut
> down properly.
>
> If all goes well, the UPS should go from "OL" to "OB" to "OB LB", at
> which point whatever you have configured as a shutdown script should
> kick in.
>
> Please post the output of 'upsc' to the list as well.
>
> Thanks for testing!
>
> --
> - Charles Lepple

Lindsey Chesnutt