[Nut-upsuser] connection lost

Ray Garza rgarza28 at utpa.edu
Sat Jul 10 03:36:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've been trying to get my new Tripplite OmniVS100 UPS (USB Connection) to work on my system. What I have is:
Ubuntu 10.04 Server
Nut 2.4.3

/etc/nut/ups.conf
[omni]
                Driver = usbhid-ups
                Port = auto
                Desc = "My Server"

/etc/nut/nut.conf
MODE=standalone

I followed the instructions at this link:
http://blog.shadypixel.com/monitoring-a-ups-with-nut-on-debian-or-ubuntu-linux/

and configured all the conf files accordingly

# /etc/nut/upsd.conf

ACL all 0.0.0.0/0

ACL localhost 127.0.0.1/32

ACCEPT localhost

REJECT all

# /etc/nut/upsd.users

[local_mon]

    password = PASSWORD_HERE

    allowfrom = localhost

    upsmon master

# /etc/nut/upsmon.conf

MONITOR omni at localhost 1 local_mon PASSWORD_HERE master

POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower

SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h now"

Removed duplicate entries

$ sudo chown root:nut /etc/nut/*
$ sudo chmod 640 /etc/nut/*

# /etc/default/nut

START_UPSD=yes

START_UPSMON=yes

After I start the /etc/init.d/nut restart I get connection errors and after checking the message log I get a lot of the following:
Jul  9 17:32:20 bidfax kernel: [29063.741573] usb 3-2: usbfs: process 2918 (usbhid-ups) did not claim interface 0 before use

I saw an archive on this but it was on two drivers trying to gain control of the same device so that doesn't apply here. I feel that I'm close on getting it running on my system.

Ray Garza
System Analyst II
Materials Management
(956) 381-2163