[Nut-upsuser] SMS PowerVision PV2200 BIFX

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Jul 10 09:32:23 UTC 2010

Citeren Wagner <wagnerspi op gmail.com>:

> Network UPS Tools 2.2.2 - Megatec protocol driver 1.5.14 [megatec]
> Carlos Rodrigues (c) 2003-2008
>
> debug level is '6'
> Starting UPS detection process...
> Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
> Q1 => FAILED [timeout]
> Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
> Q1 => FAILED [timeout]
> Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
> Q1 => FAILED [timeout]
> Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
> Q1 => FAILED [timeout]
> Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
> Q1 => FAILED [timeout]
> 5 out of 5 detection attempts failed (minimum failures: 2).
> Megatec protocol UPS not detected.
>
> it doesn't recognize the UPS,
>
> I've tried another drivers and a lot of google search... and got nothing
>
> What can I do to discover what driver or how to set this UPS?

You need to do two things:

1) Subscribe to this mailing list. You need to be subscribed to this
list in order to post messages. Don't reply to me in private, I won't
respond to private messages unless a consultancy fee is involved. I've
allowed this one message through, future ones will be rejected.

2) Upgrade NUT to version 2.4.3 (or the development version). The
version you're using now is too old and the driver has only limited
debugging capabilities. In an up-to-date NUT version you'll find the
blazer_ser driver which is the successor of the megatec driver. If it
fails to detect the UPS, run it with debug level 3 (-DDD, *not*
higher) and post the output here.

Please keep list traffic on the list