[Nut-upsuser] snmp-ups 2.4.3 cannot talk to upsd

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Jun 22 14:06:15 UTC 2010

Citeren Fabio Papa <f.papa op mcmspa.it>:

> Hi again,
> ok, I've found the problem. The issue is here, in
> drivers/netvision-mib.c:
>
> #define NETVISION_OID_BATTERYSTATUS
> ".1.3.6.1.4.1.4555.1.1.1.1.2.1.0"
> static info_lkp_t netvision_batt_info[] = {
>         { 2, "" }, /* battery normal */
>         { 3, "LB" }, /* battery low */
>         { 4, "LB" }, /* battery depleted */
>         { 5, "" }, /* battery discharging */
>         { 6, "RB" },  /* battery failure */
>         { 0, "NULL" }
> };

No. This problem was reported before

https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=312364&group_id=30602&atid=411542

As you can see, the resolution is in the netvision_output_info info element.

> As you can see, labels for values 2 and 5 are empty. This is bothering
> upsmon. I took the old values from 2.4.1 (they were in a .h file before)
> which were OL for 2 and OB for 5, recompiled and it all works!
> I can submit a patch if you like, but it's quite easy to add those 4
> char by hand...

This was fixed in the development version almost four months ago, so
no patch is needed. Thanks anyway.

Please keep list traffic on the list