[Nut-upsuser] Dynamix 650 VA USB UPS

James Walker jameswalker at clear.net.nz
Sat Sep 18 01:21:28 UTC 2010

Glen,

I went through the same troubles you are experiencing.  While I was using the 650's bigger brother the 1000VA it has the same issue.  Upshot was I could get it to work.  The USB implimentation is what is generally regarded as a "hack" where the manufacturer has mangled the implimentation so as to mimic a megatec serial protocol across a USB connection with the result being a special drivers/software is needed to cope.

I ended up returning my Dynamix for a refund and am waiting for NZ to get stocks of Belkin USB based UPS.  I have friends with said brand which DOES work under USB on Linux.

If you really do want to continue with Dynamix then check out the manufacturers site. There is a model which has a real serial port that will probably be ok.

Regards,
James.